Do you have experience in facilitating end-to-end warehousing relocation projects? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity that will see you relocating/consolidating warehouses? Read on.
About the company:
Our client is part of a global company with a presence in over 50 counties around the world, with over 45,000 staff. Here in New Zealand, they use an import and distribution model for their top-quality products, that are well sort after by major retailers in the market. The business prides themselves on being innovative and they do their best to live and breathe their values: integrity, simplicity, trust, respect and shared risk.
About the role:
Our client currently has 2 warehouses that are based in separate locations on the North Shore. The time has come where one lease is coming up for renewal and due to the business having grown significantly, there is a need for them to relocate to a larger warehouse.
Leading this relocation project, you will work closely with the Director of Warehousing and Transport for APAC (who is based in Australia) to understand the needs of the new site.
The key first step will be to inform the decision between whether they will relocate just the warehouse with the lease coming up for renewal or both warehouses simultaneously, which would result in a consolidation-based project at the same time. You will then work to find a suitable site in Auckland, develop the project delivery plan and execute to ensure the relocation is delivered on time and within budget.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Manage the project delivery plan to ensure the relocation is delivered on time and within budget.
- Lead project planning and review sessions.
- Effectively manage communication and relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Oversee the procurement, supply, and allocation of project resources. Ensure costs are accurately projected and the budget is properly managed.
- Effectively negotiate contracts and terms of agreements with contractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Oversee relevant project documentation, ensure these are updated when required.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive change management plan, in conjunction with hr and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage internal staff and resources where required.
- Proven experience in project management in a supply chain/warehousing environment or similar.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence and effectively manage various stakeholders at all levels.
- A natural influencer and effective communicator in both written and verbal communications.
- High time management skills and ability to get project team to meet timelines.
- Proven problem solver/analyst with ability to anticipate issues and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office suite and relevant project management tools and frameworks.
What’s in it for you?
– Be part of a global organisation that provides L&D opportunities to their staff, particularly to strengthen leadership capability.
– Hybrid working arrangements are welcomed at including flexible working hours.
– You will benefit from receiving health insurance and access to EAP.
– The opportunity for a permanent position may arise at the end of the initial contract, and could be either in NZ or offshore in one of the many countries that they operate in.
– Enjoy having Christmas and New Year off as the business shuts down during this period.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your cv by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Katherine Biggelaar on 021 225 4735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12-18 month contract role
- Global company
- Work with a high level of autonomy and use your influencing abilities