They are one of Auckland’s leading property and land development orgainisations, with a primary focus in the build of residential housing as well as substantial involvement in commercial developments too. Their principal objective is to maximise the financial and economic returns to their stakeholders.
With offices located in the CBD, they’re a close knit-team, sociable team who work collaboratively day-to-day. The business has a big focus on their employee’s wellbeing and support flexible working arrangements.
Reporting directly to an experience and impressive CFO, this role forms part of a medium sized finance team. The role comes with breadth and a variety of project related tasks, with minimal routine duties. This is a genuine, commercial and analytical business partnering position.
Your key duties will include (but not limited to);
- Act as the financial and commercial business partner for the development, property management & project teams
- Support the development managers to ensure a full understanding of the financials & the progress of the developments
- First point of contact to provide financial analysis for feasibility studies
- Meet regularly with development managers to review their forecasts
- Support with the preparation of board papers
- Management of the budget process, working with the finance team & continuous update of forecasting model to provide long term planning for the business
- Develop & maintain new forecasting models
- Support the CFO & wider SLT with ad-hoc commercial projects
To be considered for this position you will have ideally come up through an accounting or finance background. You may be a chartered accountant, or it could be that you have a background in corporate finance/transaction services.
This could be your first move from a professional services firm into industry OR you may already be in a commercial and analytical finance role and looking for a new challenge.
You must have an analytical and commercial skill set to succeed. You will be comfortable with large sets of data, creating financial models as well as being able to simplify and communicate your findings to your stakeholders. This role does not have a huge amount of routine work to it, so someone who enjoys variety and project work will love the pace of this position.
Ultimately, we’re looking for someone with an analytical skill set, someone who is commercially savvy and someone who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders.
Property industry experience will be advantageous but is not a priority for this search.
What’s in it for you…
This is an opportunity to work for one of Auckland’s leading land and property development businesses. It’s a chance to work in a truly commercial, forward looking, value-add role where you will constantly be challenged and given the opportunity to get involved in new and exciting projects and pieces of work.
You will be in a collaborative environment, working closely with the CFO and with regular exposure to other impressive and senior stakeholders.
To be considered for this position, submit your CV by following the link below. For a confidential discussion please call Chris Cooper on 021 197 4491 or email email@example.com