- Change management focus
- Reporting to CEO
- Board and executive exposure
This is a large complex organisation providing core services to the Wider Auckland region. This business is in a phase of change with a new leadership team and a paradigm shift in culture to drive a philosophy of customer first.
The business is focusing on an agile approach to the services it delivers and an unerring commitment to Continuous Improvement and ongoing investment in their operations and people.
The business is focusing on improving its financial stewardship, insights and reporting and is now recruiting a Chief Financial Officer who will review and improve their existing financial structure, processes, systems, procedures and overall performance. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role and will be presented with ample opportunity to develop your skills, experience and progress your executive financial career.
As the CFO, you will be a key member of the Leadership Team and will help lead transformation across the business as part of a wider Commercial and Operations Team. Specifically, you will build strategy and capability across the finance function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver a commercially focused financial strategy in order to fulfill growth and service aspirations
- Lead the Accounting, reporting, commercial and corporate services functions, driving awareness and accountability
- Operate as part of a Leadership Team responsible for the strategy, P&L and day to day operations of the business
- Develop ways of working, ownership, and process
- Work with Supply Chain, Sourcing, Technology and multi site teams to understand requirements and develop reporting and insights processes
- Drive continuous improvements to Financial Operations
- Lead and support new projects to develop improvements across all services delivered
- Build partnerships with internal and external partners, facilitating an effective and robust financial reporting framework
- Coach, develop and mentor the Finance Team to build capability in line with improvements and higher expectations
You will be a confident and energetic self-starter with a keen eye for detail and accuracy. You will have a genuine desire to add value to the business and will enjoy a hands-on role as you collaborate with multiple teams across the organisation, maintaining strong cultural awareness and sensitivity as you do so.
You will have a strong team-focus and be able to nurture, coach and manage your team effectively, displaying humility and resilience at all times. Solutions-driven and a competent problem solver, decision-making will be one of your key strengths and your ability to influence diverse stakeholders will be second to none.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience managing a full and complex finance function
- Proven experience of setting up systems and/or change management within existing systems
- High degree of commercial awareness, strategic and financial acumen, balanced with a dedicated service ethic
- Scope to build and develop finance at a key stage of the company’s growth and development
- Career development and progression opportunities in a substantial business actively growing
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion please call Lee Marshall on 021 774388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Immediate start for an innovative Business Intelligence Analyst who is looking to make their mark. Create BI architecture for long term success.
Senior Management Accountant
Large and complex organisation. Data driven business; analysis, insights and robust budgets are key for success.