A New Zealand owned and operated business that specialises in the import, distribution and manufacturing of products that make a difference to people’s lives. They have developed a deserved reputation of providing high-quality products and an unerring commitment to customer service and delivery.
The culture is one of inclusion, accountability and full of passionate people where the team all love to be challenged, enjoy rolling up their sleeves to get the job done while having a lot of fun along the way.
The business is well-established, successful, and continuing to grow. An opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager who will play a pivotal role as a key member of the leadership team.
As the Supply Chain Manager, your mission will be to lead and motivate a cohesive Operations and Supply Chain Team to ensure the company delivers the right product, to the right person at the right time. As well as leading BAU operations, you will lead and execute Continuous Improvement initiatives across multiple functional areas to ensure world-class delivery to customers
Reporting to the Managing Director you will take on the full remit of effective end-to-end Supply Chain Management including procurement, forecasting, planning, warehousing, manufacturing/assembly, and delivery to customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and deliver a commercially and customer focused Supply Chain in order to fulfil growth and service aspirations
- Operate as a part of the Leadership Team responsible for the strategy, Continuous Improvement, and the day-to-day operation of the business
- Drive continuous improvements to Supply Chain Operations, identifying opportunities to improve performance, and ensuring product assurance and compliance
- Build partnerships and manage relationships with internal and external partners, including 3PL partners and suppliers
- Coach, develop and mentor the Supply Chain & Operations Team (including three direct reports and the wider team) to build capability in line with improvements and higher expectations across Supply Chain and Operations.
What’s in it for you
This is an exciting time to join the business as they continue their growth and provide a mandate for you to own the supply chain, be a key member of the leadership team, and elevate the performance and capability of Supply Chain & Operations.
You will have a strong team focus and be able to nurture, coach and manage your team effectively, holding people to account where necessary and displaying humility and resilience at all times. Solutions-driven, accountable and competent problem-solver, decision-making will be one of your key strengths and your ability to influence diverse stakeholders will be second to none.
Your exceptional organisation skills and forward-thinking gives you the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks, all the while being adaptable and flexible to changes as they arise. As the business develops, you are ready to take on new challenges and apply yourself in areas where you feel you can contribute.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference, take on challenges and run a successful supply chain while working in a team of passionate people who love what they do, then this could be the rare leadership opportunity that you have been waiting for.
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your CV by following the link below. If you’d like to find out more and for a confidential discussion, please call Wayne Fry on 021 656 502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead end-to-end Supply Chain & Operations
- Key member of the leadership team
- BAU and Continuous Improvement focus