- Senior FC role with regular exposure to the SLT
- Management of a team of 5
- NZ business in the aviation industry with global operations
A global engineering and services business at a time of positive change. Selling products and services all around the globe and with world-leading capabilities, this business has flown under the radar for many years.
Reporting into the group, you will be the Financial Controller for the largest business unit. This role works closely with the Commercial Manager, General Manager & Group CFO whilst leading the core finance team on a daily basis.
Some key areas of focus for this position are to inspire, develop and lead the team, to make overall improvements to processes and systems currently in place and to build relations with and advise the senior leadership team on all financial matters on a regular basis. Some of the core tasks for this position will include the following;
- Lead the team to ensure the accurate and timely output of all financial and management accounting deliverables on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Present the financial performance, along with value-add commentary to the SLT
- Work with the HoD’s to set financial, KPI’s and sales targets across the business
- Monitor and manage all operating expenses to maximise profit opportunities
- Ownership of the monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Drive efficiencies and change initiatives to all finance related systems, pushing for automation to allow the finance team to be as commercially focused as possible
- Contribute to the development of business strategy and plans to improve overall performance
To be considered for this role you will be a fully qualified accountant and an experienced people leader who has previously worked for businesses with overseas operations. You will ideally have been trained within a mid-tier or big 4 CA firm where your technical accounting skills will have been tested in complex environments.
Your interpersonal skills will be advanced, with the ability to inspire and develop the team that reports into you as well as having the confidence to work closely with and advise your senior stakeholders.
What’s in it for you
Along with an attractive base salary and bonus, this is an opportunity to join a profitable business with global operations. You will be given the ownership of the finance team and function with the expectation of improving its current output. This role also will give you the exposure to working closely with the SLT with the expectation that you will contribute to the business’s strategy and performance.
To be considered for this position, submit your CV by following the link below. For a confidential discussion please call Chris Cooper on 021 197 4491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working for one of NZ’s largest banks, this is an opportunity to work for & alongside an impressive finance team in a senior, broad & varied role .
Are you ready to work for one of New Zealand’s leading businesses? This is a broad accountant position with exposure to the whole business.