- NZX listed property business
- Reporting through to an exceptional CFO
- Leadership role
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Financial Controller to join one of the most impressive property businesses on the NZX. You’ll work for and with some of the best minds in the industry and join a business that has experienced exceptional growth in recent years. With more of the same on the horizon, a technically competent and highly commercial Financial Controller is required to facilitate this next phase of growth.
Reporting to the CFO this role will focus on quality financial control, projects, transactions support, and advisory to the CFO and broader Senior Leadership team. Specific responsibilities include;
- Financial Control; lead and maintain accounting procedures, practices and control mechanisms, ensure timely financial reports are delivered to the CFO and Executive team, and provide input to developing financial plans and company targets
- Tax management; maintain tax planning policies and procedures, ensuring full compliance with statutory obligations
- Budgeting; Work with the respective teams to develop business and financial plans, set and monitor financial targets, and implement processes to detect risks and uncover opportunities
- Financial Analysis & Reporting; Conduct financial analysis to support decision-making, preparation and presentation of financial reports
- Stakeholder Management; Build effective relationships across the business, and actively partner with finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Capital management support; maintain relationships with the banks and other financial institutions, support the implementation of the treasury policy and hedging plans, and assist with managing debt facilities
- Team Leadership; Direct management of a team of accountants
To be successful
The ideal candidate will be CA/CPA qualified and ideally you will have started your career in a reputable CA firm. Technically competent, you will have applied your skill set in a highly complex setting, with property exposure viewed favourably. Experience with NZX requirements is advantageous.
Demonstrated practical experience working with complex financials is essential and the ability to partner with and support key internal customers is essential to be successful within this role.
Importantly, you will also have an inquisitive nature and a capacity to take on a large and varied workload. You may be a technically strong finance manager looking to join a high calibre and hardworking business
What’s on offer
In return, you will be rewarded with a seat in a company growing at a rapid rate, and a role which will offer professional development opportunities. A competitive package will be negotiated for the successful candidate.
To be considered for this position, submit your CV by following the link below. For a confidential discussion please contact Lee Marshall – email@example.com or 021 774 388.