Group Financial Controller
- NZX Listed business
- Complex, large company
- C suite exposure
We are looking for a Group Financial Controller to join a hugely successful, NZX listed business. These roles, in a company with this profile, simply don’t come around often. In fact this if the first time to market for many years.
The fundamentals of the role will ensure strong accounting and reporting throughout the group, including overseeing and monitoring an effective control environment and providing strategic information and advice to the management team and the Board. But moreover, as the 2ic to the CFO you will become a key leader in the business, and a focal point during a period of exciting change.
About the business:
As a well-established, NZX listed mainstay, this business had continued to deliver superb growth and while making prudent decisions internally to keep the business agile in an ever-changing market.
This role will have an accounting, finance and FP&A team reporting in and will require a leader who possesses experience with Controls in a large organization, implementation of new systems as well as sound people management and leadership skills and experience. The Group Financial Controller will also support the CFO and the rest of the executive team.
About the role:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Manage all accounting & reporting including general ledger, P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, cost accounting and revenue recognition
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, insights, trends, and financial forecasts
- Oversee and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of half and full year regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Suggest updates and improvements for finance and accounting systems, including budgeting/forecasting and analytical reporting tools
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage, coach and mentor financial staff, including accountants and financial business partners
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies and create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Additional commercial and controller duties as necessary
What we are looking for:
- CA/CPA Qualified with technical accounting expertise
- Previous Big4 Audit experience (Preferred)
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement across a wider business
- Previous experience implementing KPI’s and IFRS compliance
- Ability to lead, develop and mentor staff
- Experience with large Capex Projects
- An engaging and commercially driven leader
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Lee Marshall on 021774388
Accounts Receivable Officer – 3 month temp position
Exciting opportunity for an experienced AR Officer to join an established and friendly team.
Accounts Payable Officer
Exciting opportunities for experience and exceptional AP & AR Officers who can demonstrate their high level skills in a high performing team.