Investment Operations Analyst
- ~$57 Billion in total assets
- Internationally renowned and awarded fund
- Investment Operations
The NZ Superannuation Fund is New Zealand’s sovereign wealth fund established to partially pre-fund the future cost of New Zealand superannuation. The Fund is currently ~$57 Billion, invested across a wide range of asset classes. The NZ Superannuation Fund has won global accolades for its financial performance, governance and transparency, as well being recognised as one of the most innovative sovereign wealth funds globally. The Fund is managed by a Crown Entity, the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation (Guardians).
What is the opportunity?
A fixed term opportunity has come up for an Analyst within the Investment Operations team. The Investment Operations team is responsible for the effective administration of the Guardians’ portfolio through controls and oversight across the portfolio as well as trade support and lifecycle management.
Your primary activities will include:
- Providing trade support to ensure accurate capture of new trading activity
- Trade life cycle management, including: corporate actions, resets, novations, upscales/downscales, terminations and credit events
- Performing controls and checks to ensure internal tools and portfolio reporting are accurate
- Investigating and resolving reconciliation breaks (position, transaction, valuation)
- Liaising with service providers (global custodian, OMS provider, external investment managers and counterparties)
Who are we looking for?
To be successful you must:
- Be a motivated team player with good communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving ability and commercial acumen
- Have strong attention to detail and time management
- Have a collegial, constructive approach to building internal and external relationships
Preferred experience could include:
- Experienced in financial markets with working knowledge of traded instruments (securities, cash/money market or derivatives)
- Experienced in post trade life cycle management and trade support
- Experienced in reconciliations, investigation and resolution
- Understanding of upstream and downstream process and system impacts
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to be a part of a high performing team, working alongside best in class colleagues in the internationally renowned and awarded Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation Fund
- A chance to play an integral part in the future prosperity of New Zealanders
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices. To build a strong and diverse workforce, the Guardians actively seeks to build an inclusive workplace and strongly encourages expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool. Please contact Daniel Turner on 021 193 0369 / email@example.com for a confidential discussion or apply via the link below.
Join New Zealand’s fastest growing power company and Australia’s most exciting new challenger brand as a Settlements Analyst